Saturday 16 May 2015

The beauty of Lisbon

Well it has been a long day. Mary and I left Carrick this morning at 7am and as is usual when you have an early start we didn't sleep well last night for fear of sleeping in. Arrived in Dublin airport at 9am and everything went as clockwork. Totally stress free and for me with airports that is something. Even though the plane landed in Lisbon at 2.15 it was about 3 by the time I got out of the airport. Four different coloured metro lines later I arrived at the hotel. This afternoon I went into Lisbon to get the first Camino stamp in the Cathedral and another one at the church where St. Anthony is buried. I don't know what I expected but Lisbon is a really beautiful city and Mary and I will certainly plan a future city break. I only got a glimpse but I was really impressed. Well I've had a good feed of pasta in preparation for tomorrow's walk which is just over 40K. Forgot to say, it is very sunny and warm. I'm having a little problem getting my phone charged but hopefully that will be sorted. Will post again tomorrow. Colin.

No comments:

Post a Comment