Sunday 5 May 2013

This time three weeks we will be in St. Jean Pied de Port getting ready for the first days walking in the Pyrenees.  Mary and I will be joined by two old friends, Austin and Pauline Patterson. Austin, Pauline and I have been friends since our University days in Leeds in the late 60's and I hope we will still be close friends when we finish the Camino. 500mls is a long way.  Austin is experienced in this mad type of adventure having been to Everest not once but twice. Oh and by the way Everest the mountain not the double glazing firm. I have now reached the moment of truth that I am the weak link in this team.  Last year when we did 250K I struggled to keep up with the pace set by Mary and now joined by two fit experienced walkers I hope my old flat feet can keep up. Since Austin and Pauline have stayed with us on many occasions they knew and loved Rachel and have set up a fund raising link for the Lily Foundation that carries out research into Mitochondria Disease.
I'll sign off now with a thank you to everyone who has supported us.  Your support has been very motivational and emotional to Mary and I and will be of enormous financial help to our designated organisations.

No comments:

Post a Comment